Lead Structural Integrity engineer
This role will have a primary responsibility for structural integrity management of all EnQuest operated Assets. Reporting to the Integrity and Maintenance Manager, the role will involve working closely with asset structural engineer’s and asset managers to ensure effective arrangements are in place for the structural integrity management of all assets.
This role will also work with the structural technical authority and the wider EnQuest organization to ensure a consistent approach to structural integrity management is in place across all EnQuest assets through development and implementation of best practices and optimization of the arrangements for asset structural integrity management.
The position will be a full time role supporting all EnQuest operated assets based out of the EnQuest Aberdeen office.
- Leading all aspects of structural integrity management in EnQuest operated assets
- Own and develop Structural integrity management systems for EnQuest operated assets
- Accountable for development of life of field structural integrity strategies for each EnQuest operated asset.
- Accountable for execution of advanced analysis scopes, such as structural integrity modelling with third party analysis consultants
- Ensuring the rigorous application of EnQuest applicable engineering codes, standards, practices and design guides to structural integrity engineering activities
- Assure that any requests for deviations from Enquest approved procedures, national codes or industry standards are technically justified and documented for TA approval
- Ensuring key integrity risks are clearly identified and communicated clearly to operations and business leadership; support the development and maintenance of integrity risk registers for each asset
- Provide leadership to the asset structural engineer in executing and delivering detailed engineering activities, studies and emergent work in support of the assets
- Work with operations, engineering and project teams to ensure common goals of safe ongoing operations are achieved, in particular support the evaluation and management of integrity defects, repairs and management of temporary repairs
- Support the Integrity and Maintenance Manager with respect to Structural Integrity.
- Support and review asset structural engineering programs, planning, execution and review of inspection programs and their subsequent outcomes.
- Assist the assets with preparation and management of annual budgets for topsides and subsea integrity activities to help ensure consistency and value across the assets.
- Support the assets in the management of inspection execution, postponements and deferrals to ensure compliance with EnQuest standards and statutory requirements
- Provide technical support for Management of Change (MoC) proposals as necessary
- Drive discipline efficiencies through adoption of new technology, industry wide collaboration and support simplification of EnQuest processes.
- Review and approval of all lift plans in accordance with EnQuest lifting procedures.
- Undertake technical bid evaluation on high value purchase orders.
- Monitor, review and drive performance improvement of Integrity Management systems and practices.
- Be the structural technical authority delegation of authority as required.
- Support the Integrity and maintenance manager in delivery of efficient Integrity processes.
- Strong safety leadership skills
- Strong networking and communication skills externally and internally – ability to cultivate and build strong internal and external relationships with business counterparts
- Excellent written and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non technical audiences
- Ability to display confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver
- Ability to work across multiple activities and manage deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Computer fluency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Can demonstrate the ability to apply creative thinking, risk assess, problem solve effectively and develop solutions while communicating intentions and progress to all levels
- Understanding of both Asset and Operational integrity as it applies to the on and offshore oil and gas industry
- Ability to understand and express risk in support of decision making
- Ability to analyse problems, assess risk profile, determine action, and develop solutions, communicating intentions and progress to all levels
- Can effectively plan own workload in advance, scheduling activities to optimise personal contribution and that of others
- Have the ability to evaluate the full implications of actions on profitability, costs and values
- Extensive engineering and maintenance experience of structural systems and components in the upstream and midstream oil production environment.
- Demonstrated structural integrity management knowledge and practical implementation experience in a team environment
- Experience of a client/operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work.
- Experience of engineering contractor processes, procedures, estimating methods and delivery processes
- Knowledge and experience of project implementation methodology and decision making processes.
- Safety/environmental awareness - understanding of legislative requirements
- A recognised degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Structural, Civil or Mechanical.
- A Chartered or professional engineer registered with a recognised body i.e. UK Engineering Council accredited institutes IStructE, ICE , IMechE etc
- Demonstrate evidence of professional and personal ongoing development and/or learning
- Can articulate learning and training experiences
- MIST and RGIT BOSIET Training
- RBI software
- Microsoft office
- Computerised Subsea Inspection Systems COABIS and PRISM)
Applications for this role should be made by Sunday 17th of February 2019.