Legal / Senior Legal Adviser
EnQuest are the leading independent oil operator in the North Sea with a dynamic management team and exciting growth plans to develop operations further in the UKCS and Internationally. Working within a multi-disciplinary team and reporting directly to the Legal Manager you will be responsible for providing proactive legal support (at both a strategic and working level) across the organisation. Previous in-house experience is preferred as is familiarity with industry standard agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements relating to EnQuest’s operated and non-operated assets, including interacting with and securing input from a number of other stakeholders within the business.
- Providing support to EnQuest’s business development activities.
- Hands on legal support for high-value, major activities such as drilling and capital development projects.
- Pro-active internal interface and provision of legal advice to all other departments.
- Managing relationships with third parties and negotiating in order to achieve successful outcome for EnQuest.
- Understanding activities in a manner which ensures continuity and consistency with delivery across the company.
- Ability to articulate in a clear and concise manner.
- Develops valuable internal and external relationships and displays a high level of influencing skills.
- Presents self in a professional and ethical manner appropriate to the role and EnQuest standards.
- Good organisational skills and can demonstrate personal effectiveness in previous roles.
- Comfortable in working outside firm line management boundaries in a goal oriented working environment.
- Self motivated team player with ability and desire to take responsibility and drive work loads to effective resolution.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Actively shares company vision and encourages others to participate in finding solutions.
- Able to make effective decisions quickly and apply knowledge in a pragmatic, commercial manner.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to proactively identify areas for improvement and change.
- Can demonstrate sound experience in all aspects of upstream activities including negotiation and drafting of UKCS and international oil and gas agreements.
- Working knowledge of industry standard agreements and practices.
- A strong understanding of upstream E & P activity, particularly in relation to the UKCS where practical experience must be demonstrated.
- Comprehensive understanding of the key strategic drivers relevant to upstream operations and the risks that require to be mitigated against.
- Qualified Lawyer
- Can demonstrate throrough knowledge of the nature of the oil and gas industry
Applications for this role should be received by 24th February 2018