Lead Process Engineer (Operations Support)
EnQuest are an independent operator in the North Sea with a dynamic management team who have exciting growth plans to develop operations further in the UKCS and internationally. This is a key operations support role reporting into EnQuest’s operated offshore assets.
The Lead Process Engineer is a critical role within EnQuest delivering on safety and production aspects to our North Sea asset base. EnQuest is looking for a proactive, highly skilled individual who can work as part of a cross asset team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently, is delivery focused and can successfully manage multiple interfaces and work streams.
You will be experienced in both operations and process design works such that you can demonstrate a suitable depth of knowledge for this role.
(Key tasks/services for which incumbent is responsible)
- Identify opportunities and deliver enhancements to safety or production
- Lead production loss management and root cause analysis activities.
- Provide functional supervision and mentoring of asset support process engineers
- Lead EnQuest Process Engineering input to management of change
- Troubleshooting & debottlenecking of complex plant process issues
- Ensure application of company procedures and policies
- Support/deliver of operational improvement plans
- Deputise for the Process Technical Authority
- Liaison with government bodies when required (HSE/DECC)
- Lead/participate in incident investigations
- Assist with project and modification gate reviews and independent peer reviews
- Carry out regular offshore visits with a particular focus on audits, process safety systems as well as production efficiency enhancement
- Strong networking and communication skills externally and internally – ability to cultivate and build strong internal and external relationships with business counterparts.
- Good written and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non technical audiences.
- Ability to display confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key decision makers in an operations environment
- Pro-active self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Has a detailed knowledge of discipline regulatory requirements, technical codes / standards / guidelines and use of new technology
- Experience with flow assurance studies and/or software
- Extensive experience with process modelling
- Can manage engineering teams and 3rd parties
- Significant experience of process engineering in an Exploration & Production, Facilities or Operations environment.
- Significant experience of identifying and delivering production enhancements
- Experience of a client / operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work
- Extensive knowledge of process design safety though application of inherently safe design and international standards relating to layers of protection, over-pressure protection, relief & depressurising systems and instrumented protection systems.
- A thorough understanding of E&P surface facilities (wells through to point of export) and an understanding of interface requirements with subsurface disciplines and commercial to enable incorporation of multi-discipline results into the process engineering element of development studies and FEED work.
- Strong safety / environmental awareness - understanding of legislative requirements
- Demonstrable industry experience working to an advance level of competence
- Previous role within an oil and gas operator
- Previous experience working at a similar level
- Related Process / Chemical engineering BSc / BEng degree
- MIChemE or equivalent
- MIST and RGIT BOSIET Training
- Offshore Operations experience
- FS Eng (TÜV Rheinland, Safety Instrumented Systems)
Closing Date: 22nd May 2019