Lead Planning Engineer (Projects)
EnQuest is an independent production and development company with operations in the UK, North Sea and Malaysia. The Group’s strategic vision is to be the operator of choice for maturing and underdeveloped hydrocarbon assets by focusing on operational excellence, differential capability, value enhancement and financial discipline.
We are committed to operating responsibly and will not compromise our health, safety or environmental standards to meet our business objectives. Through respect for our people, our contractors, our customers, our stakeholders and the environment, we will operate to achieve our principal aim: Safe Results, with no harm to people and respect for the environment.
We recognise that our people are critical to our success. We have a strong set of Values that underpin our way of working and are dedicated to delivering Safe Results. We provide a rewarding work environment, with opportunities for growth and learning while contributing to the delivery of our strategy. New employees will be encouraged to contribute fresh ideas and take on new challenges that test their abilities and elevate their performance to new levels.
As part of the EnQuest Project Controls Team, this position is a working lead role responsible for the delivery of Planning Support across the EnQuest Projects portfolio and manages the associated interfaces within all other areas of the business including;
- Planning analysis, oversight and reporting for all EnQuest OPEX/CAPEX/ABEX projects to management & executive level
- Project Focal Point for projects Integrated Activity Planning (IAP Process)
- Development of EnQuest projects portfolio master schedules & progress analysis
- Develop and recommend steps for optimization of projects delivery
- Ensuring Planning support is delivered in line with the Capital Projects Delivery Processes
- Key interfaces are technical services, operations, commercial, finance and business services
The incumbent has significant responsibility for development of the Projects group planning capability with proven experience through the full asset lifecycle including design, installation, subsea, drilling and operations phase.
Key tasks/services for which incumbent is responsible
- Establish internal/external network and strong relationships amongst assets, company functions and partner companies Lead Planning Engineer (Projects)
- Implement all planning processes, controls and systems to measure, optimize and improve EnQuest project delivery
- Working closely with development team act as planning focal point on new developments and acquisitions
- Manage the Operational Projects Portfolio schedule ensuring alignment with the Asset and company supply chain
- Provide support to Planning Engineers internally and within the supply chain including Sullom Voe Terminal
- Maintain a suite of robust planning policy documents as the basis of the company’s core standards for subsea, surface facilities and new developments based on company and industry best practice.
- Actively engage all other technical and business disciplines in analysis of ongoing projects issues, formulate plans that require ALT and corporate office support, implement and support these initiatives collaboratively
- Support company led investment decision forums, stage gate assurance reviews, technical reviews and partner briefings
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Articulates views in comprehensive manner
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to adapt to new processes/software
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interface skills at all levels.
- Extensive experience of onshore and offshore Project delivery
- Experience of Decommissioning would be advantageous
- Extensive experience of change management implementation.
- Extensive working knowledge of WBS structures, Earned Value Management and Reporting
- Management of Project provisions – Use of Growth Allowances & Contingency Allowances.
- Primavera P6 super user
- Preparation of Project Reporting – Internal & External.
- Experience of Vendor Management – Interface/Reporting/Milestones
- Experience of Business Risk & Schedule/Cost Risk Management
- Experience of Change Management – Variations.
- Expert knowledge of subsea, surface and onshore facilities
- Good knowledge of reservoir technologies and front end development practices
- Experience in Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Minimum HNC
- Accreditation with Project Management / Controls preferable
Closing Date – 26th August