Control & Instrumentation Engineer – Asset Support (Operations Support)
EnQuest is an independent production and development company with operations in the UK, North Sea and Malaysia. The Group’s strategic vision is to be the operator of choice for maturing and underdeveloped hydrocarbon assets by focusing on operational excellence, differential capability, value enhancement and financial discipline.
We are committed to operating responsibly and will not compromise our health, safety or environmental standards to meet our business objectives. Through respect for our people, our contractors, our customers, our stakeholders and the environment, we will operate to achieve our principal aim: Safe Results, with no harm to people and respect for the environment.
We recognise that our people are critical to our success. We have a strong set of Values that underpin our way of working and are dedicated to delivering Safe Results. We provide a rewarding work environment, with opportunities for growth and learning while contributing to the delivery of our strategy. New employees will be encouraged to contribute fresh ideas and take on new challenges that test their abilities and elevate their performance to new levels.
- The Control & Instrumentation Engineer is a critical role within EnQuest delivering on safety and production aspects to our North Sea asset base. EnQuest is looking for a proactive, highly skilled individual who can work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- The role is embedded within the onshore asset support team and focused in supporting the delivery of safe and reliable operations.
- The role will deliver short, medium and long term improvements to C&I equipment and systems.
- You will be an engineer experienced in supporting asset operational control systems and instrumentation, such that you can demonstrate a suitable breadth & depth of knowledge for this role.
- Budgetary accountability for control and instrumentation equipment will be a key part of the role.
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure Instrumentation and Control System compliance with legislative requirements and good engineering practice.
- Be aware of appropriate discipline legislation, safety cases and safety management systems required to support the role.
- Own and maintain the asset CAT 1 Instrumentation and Control documentation,
- Develop and maintain asset Performance Standards and Planned Maintenance Assurance routines.
- Manage Safety & Environmental Critical Elements, ensure compliance with Performance Standards.
- Liaise with regulator and ICP to ensure compliance.
- Ensure application of company procedures and policies, support/deliver asset improvement plans, and ensure continued safe reliable operation.
- Where applicable review and input to Operational Risk Assessments.
- Responsible for all aspects of Functional Safety from HAZOP, IL Determination, IL Validation and maintaining of associated asset documentation.
- Provide front line technical support to the assets ensuring troubleshooting is managed efficiently and effectively, participate in incident investigations and produce reports i.e. RCFA investigations for equipment failures.
- Co-ordinate and manage the instrumentation and control aspects of asset delivery plans, manage and coordinate 3rd party vendors, ensure EnQuest MAXIMO system is updated.
- Contribute to asset Shutdown Plans, ensuring maintenance scopes are adequately provided for.
- Lead EnQuest Instrumentation and Control Engineering input in to the Management of Engineering Change.
- Identify opportunities and deliver enhancements to the safe & reliable operation of equipment, whilst ensuring production efficiency is maintained.
- Complete engineering studies as and when required to support business and safety objectives.
- Review equipment reliability & availability with the aim of identifying bad actors and develop improvement plans to address bad actors.
- Assess obsolescence and sparing philosophy and monitor/amend to align with platform business case.
- Be the custodian for the asset Instrumentation and Control System maintenance strategies and ensure they are updated to reflect current industry standards/manufacturer guidelines.
- Manage ‘in year’ asset maintenance budgets and develop these budgets for future years.
- Manage critical & operating spares with the aim of ensuring spares are available in support of planned & unplanned maintenance activities.
- Carry out regular offshore visits (i.e. four visits per year minimum) to audit Instrumentation & Controls activities against Company Standards and Procedures, and on occasion deputise for the Instrumentation & Controls TA.
- Strong networking and communication skills externally and internally – ability to cultivate and build strong internal and external relationships with business counterparts.
- Good written and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non-technical audiences, communicate in a respectful manner, both verbally and written.
- Ability to make decisions based on available information and experience, articulate accordingly, display confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key decision makers in an operations environment, takes initiative to get things done.
- Presents themselves in a professional and ethical manner appropriate to the EnQuest values, maintains a safe working environment, complying with and promoting the Company’s HSE&A policy.
Skills & Attributes
- Pro-active self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving.
- Strives for continuous improvement; brings solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to work.
- Actively shares Company vision and demonstrates ability to adapt to change.
- Has a good knowledge of discipline regulatory requirements, technical codes/standards/guidelines and use of new technology.
- Management of 3rd parties.
- Budgetary preparation, cost control and contractual awareness.
- Experience of Control and Instrumentation engineering and of delivering maintenance support to operating assets in all areas of field instrumentation and system engineering (i.e. HIPS, ESD, F&G, DCS, HVAC, rotating equipment UCP’s, etc.).
- Experience of identifying and delivering equipment enhancements.
- Knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects in a Client/Operator environment.
- Knowledge of design safety though application of inherently safe design and international standards relating to instrumented protection systems.
- Strong safety/environmental awareness - understanding of legislative requirements.
- Demonstrable industry experience working to an advance level of competence.
- Experience in the production of SoWs, BoDs and engineering work packs for vendor and offshore work scopes.
- Experience of modification/project ‘close-out’, FATs & SATS.
- Experience in Functional Safety.
- Experience in Cyber Security.
- Previous role within an Oil and Gas Operator in an Exploration & Production Facilities/Developments Engineering environment.
- Previous experience working at a similar level with an oil & gas operator.
- Related Instrumentation and Control engineering Masters or Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification to travel offshore.
- Offshore Operations experience.
- TUV FS Engineer.
Closing Date – 17th July