EnQuest is an independent oil and gas development and production company, focused on turning opportunities into value by targeting maturing assets and undeveloped oil fields. We are the largest UK independent oil producer in the UK North Sea, and have also established a presence in oil basins outside the UK North Sea, as part of our long term growth strategy.
Fundamental to EnQuest’s success to date is our greatest asset – our people. Their talent, expertise, knowledge, experience and commitment have delivered remarkable results and we continue to look for the same attributes in prospective new employees as we pursue plans for further development in the UKCS and internationally.
The successful candidate for this post will become part of a progressive, innovative and ambitious business that holds a distinct set of values, based on respect for the individual. As well as having the opportunity to pursue their goals and achieve their ambitions, they will also be encouraged to contribute fresh ideas and take on new challenges that test their abilities and elevate their performance to new levels.
Reporting to the Operations Director, accountable for overall Asset business delivery against production budget volumes and financial targets, development of asset team, supporting of commercial activity, business planning/strategy, managing partner relations and developing operational and capital budgets.
Responsible for developing Life of Field and strategic plans and delivering results against those. Work with various functional managers and teams to achieve these goals.
To deliver against the Asset business targets and manage Asset strategy delivering value for EnQuest and its partners, specifically:
- Develop, own, integrate and maintain the Life of Field Asset Plan and deliver the Annual Business Plan Asset Manager
- Accountable for the Asset delivering against the Company HSE Plan
- Duty Holder accountability for the asset with regulators HSE, BEIS and OGA
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, Business Management System and UK regulations
- Monitor and Report on the Delivery of the Asset Objectives on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Analyse asset performance and develop/manage strategies for Improvement
- Develop annual contract KPIs
- Liaise with the Projects, finance, commercial and additional functional support groups in service of delivering against the Asset Business Plan
- Manage the Asset team (including Operations, Subsurface, and Facilities Engineering teams) and ensure all asset risks are understood and mitigated Create a structure and working environment that empowers and motivates employees to excel in their performance and be aligned with the asset performance and objectives
- Line Manager for Asset OIM’s and Installation Team Leaders
- Manage partner relationships including managing partner meetings and partner requirements/reporting, developing partner budgets, managing financial issues with partners, managing AFE’s.
- Ensure that all HSE aspects and legislation are considered in commercial negotiations and that Partners/Contractors/Suppliers comply with HSE requirements and that the team and contractors fully comply with all HSE requirements
- Maintain constructive relationships with employees, contractors and regulatory authorities
- Actively assess the performance of the organisation and ensure skills gaps are rectified in a timely manner
- Manage and develop staff to meet the needs of the operation, and wherever possible the needs of the individual
- The Asset Manager is required to be trained to be able to participate in the event of a major emergency or Crisis Management as required by EnQuest
- Ability to work with individuals from a varied background in a multi-cultural environment.
- Presents themselves in a professional and ethical manner appropriate to the EnQuest values.
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with and promoting the Company’s HSE&A policy
- Works collaboratively within a team environment and takes initiative to get things done
- Ability to communicate in a respectful manner, both verbally and written.
Skills & attributes
- Strong analytical capability to visualise and capture root cause
- Drives effective information sharing. Helps others build their networks and use a range of contacts inside and outside EnQuest
- Able to make effective decisions quickly. Identifies problems and stakeholders and drives resolution in a timely fashion
- Identifies bottlenecks and works with the business to remove them. Demonstrates leadership in business improvements. Initiates Change, assessing risks and rewards
- Strives for continuous improvement; brings solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to work.
- Actively shares Company vision and demonstrates ability to adapt to change.
- Thorough understanding of HSE processes and the practical implementation thereof
- An excellent understanding of reservoir production and development techniques
- A good appreciation of production operations and logistical issues, together with a thorough understanding of cost and schedule delivery and the ability to assemble and adhere to budgets
- UKCS asset management & regulatory interface experience
- Demonstrable Asset Management and Operations track record
- Ideally service and client side experience.
- Likely to have had previous offshore experience
- Candidates must be qualified to Degree Level in Engineering or related science/technology fields or have proven experience in similar role/s
- Must be able to demonstrate continuing personal and professional development
- Can articulate learning and training experiences
- Current offshore survival. MIST and medical certification is desirable as there will be a requirement to go offshore in a management capacity
Please ensure all applications are submitted by Tuesday 21st May 2019.